Friday, January 13, 2012

Lingering Statement---Soony Eunsoon Seo


Lingering, Mix Media on Canvas, 40x40 inches, 2011


Lingering

I am interested in making art with my own voice and exploring my works by portraying my perceptions throughout my daily life. What is a new challenge to making art in a daily life? One day, I saw torn canvases which touched a recollection of my past, which is a valuable foundation to my present life. I put memories of grandmother and mother as a basis of my painting, which in turn, shapes my identity and art.

I have started to experiment with torn canvases and saw dusts, which are left-overs from art making in studio. The idea to experiment with left-over trash is connected to the daily life of my grandmother and my mother. It was necessary for them to recycle materials for living and at the same time, to create a beautiful image for the household. My approach has been intentionally rendered to present psychological appeal produced by methods of recycling a lingering memory and art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home