Saturday, February 12, 2011

i -Sink Statement by Soony Seo


i - Sink

Sometimes, I think that "i" am "Sinking" while I wash my painting brushes in the sink. One Sunday, I saw the image of paint washing down the drain, and "i" also envisioned myself washing down the drain of the sink in the Glove Factory because of the multiple pressures in my life. From that moment, I srarted a new series of painting with a theme of "i- Sink".

I am interested in making art with my own voice on canvas as a painter, and exploring my works by portraying my perception of my life. I have destructed my familiar figurative perspective in order to show somthing new in my paintings by using a more abstract style from last fall semester ( 2010). I hope that there is someting new in my painting to share with someone else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home