Saturday, February 18, 2012

Lingering in 202B



Enduring the times which put my mind through swelling confusion, I have learned to simplify the complex reality of what I see. The ‘Lingering’ series is a collection of progress and outcomes which was made from untying the knots of countless thoughts, and is meant to pour out the concepts of rendered life. While other series that I’ve worked on were made for self-expression, this particular series was made to show the embodiment of the clarity we receive from the unclear moments of life. By acts of contemplation through art I have tendered my inner desires and emptied my mind clear of attachments, which in turn, cleared the pathway of communication between my mind and the world’s complex life.

Since I wanted to contain within the series the abstract essence of conceptual reality, I was challenged to clearly state how I connect with reality while having to conserve the abstract answers from self-meditation. I used a combination of figurative subjects and a part of my body to create depth not only in paintings, but also in what they represent. Each painting is like a journal to me; it’s my psychological landscaping written through the depth within subjects. It is not a conclusion; it is a merely a fraction of my life, the serendipity of “lingering”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home